7th Grade Reading (Online Course)
- 1-2 Business Days
ANYWHERE LEARNING SYSTEM ONLINE COURSE (1-YEAR ACCESS)
The ALS Reading courses are scientific, research-based, integrated courses for grade levels 1-8. This program directs students from beginning reading levels to more advanced reading skills. Reading I, II, and III have tutorial and instructional voice support. Course features:
- Reading is presented as a collection of year-long courses
- All lessons contain a study guide, a practice and mastery test, and an essay or constructed response
- Lessons include a variety of essay types such as descriptive, persuasive, expository, and letter writing
- These courses are certified by MetaMetrics® with a Lexile® score
- The content in these courses is designed to meet and exceed the requirements of the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) for the Standards of English Language Arts. In addition, it addresses the core reading skills identified by the National Reading Panel: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary development, comprehension, and fluency
- Each Reading title consists of four units: Reviews, Word Analysis, Comprehension, and Literary Skills
7th GRADE READING:
Reading VII teaches and reviews verbs, consonants, vowels, word analysis skills including Greek and Latin words, connotation and denotation, word similarities, abbreviations, comprehension skills including classifying, comparing and contrasting, recognizing cause and effect, point of view, literary terms, elements of fiction, examples of newspaper writing, poetry, drama, and figurative language. Selected authors include Dickens, Twain, Washington, Crane, Stevenson, Hardy, London, Shelley, Dryden, and Sidney. 40 lessons.
The Anywhere Learning System is a mastery-based learning system. Students must pass the lesson’s Mastery Test with a score of 70% or higher in order to move onto the next lesson.
- The student will have up to 3 chances to score 70% or higher
- ALS automatically grades the lessons and mastery tests and assigns a score in the grade book
- The parent will be responsible for manually grading any essays and assigning a grade for those essays
ALS contains a comprehensive curriculum that includes the following for each lesson:
- Study – New concepts are taught and reviews conducted
- Practice – Students practice what they learned
- Mastery – Tests the student on the objectives in the lesson
- Essay – Gives the student a chance to communicate what they learned (essays are not included in all lessons)
Platform: High Speed Internet connection is required (Cable or DSL is recommended....Satellite service is NOT fast enough to support this content).
Delivery: One year license includes a Student Account and a Parent/Teacher account. This course will be hosted by HomeLearningInstitute.com. Access to this course will be emailed to you at the email address listed on the order directly from Home Learning Institute. Please allow 2-3 business days to receive your login instructions. After your purchase, you will be able to contact Home Learning Institute with questions or support.
ShippingFREE GROUND SHIPPING ON ALL PURCHASES OF $49 OR MORE!
Most items ship within 1-3 business days. Shipping is available to all 50 states. Products are shipped either UPS Ground or USPS Media Mail. Each product states how an item is shipped. For orders less than $49, there is a flat shipping fee of only $4.95.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). A $4.95 fee will be deducted for orders that received free shipping. ELECTRONIC MEDIA (CDs, DVDs, CASSETTES, CD-ROMs, VIDEOS, E-BOOKS, COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND PRODUCTS WITH AN INTERNET COMPONENT) CANNOT BE RETURNED OR REFUNDED. A restocking fee of up to 20% may be deducted for items returned opened (not in original shrink-wrap). NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR RETURNS THAT ARE NOT PRE-APPROVED.
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
You should expect to receive your refund within 1-2 weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (2 to 3 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (3 to 10 business days).
EARN 5% BACK ON ALL PURCHASES WITH OUR CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAM!
HOW DO I JOIN THE CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAM?
Customers who have created accounts are automatically enrolled into our Customer Loyalty Program. If you have not created an account, you can join the Program by creating an account after your first purchase completion. Earn 1 point for each $1 spent in our store after you have enrolled into our Program. 50 points for each review you submit for items purchased. 10 rewards per person per calendar month apply. This is an easy way to earn up to $25 in Rewards each month! 100 points for every new customer that submits a order. $5 off their first order! Like Us On Facebook: easy 20 points! Share Us on Facebook: another easy 20 points! It's quick! It's easy! It's FREE!
HOW DO I EARN POINTS?
- Purchases:You will earn 1 point for each $1 spent in our store after you have enrolled into our Program.
- Product Reviews:Get 50 points for each review you submit for items purchased. 10 rewards per person per calendar month apply.
- Referrals:Refer customers & you'll receive 100 points for every new customer that submits a order. $5 off their first order!
- Like Us On Facebook:Receive an easy 20 points when you like our page on Facebook.
- Share Us on Facebook:Receive 20 points when you share our store on Facebook.