7th Grade Vocabulary (Online Course)
- 1-2 Business Days
ANYWHERE LEARNING SYSTEM ONLINE COURSE (1-YEAR ACCESS)
ALS Building Vocabulary I–VIII introduces students to a variety of topics including:
• The Basic Vocabulary courses provide instruction in basic phonemic principles (phonemic awareness), phonetic (phonics) and visual introduction to new words and word sounds, and multiple exposures to the use of words and word sounds.
• The student is provided an opportunity to use words in context and in language development exercises (vocabulary development).
• Emphasis is placed on phonics skills of syllabication, pronunciation, word definition, recognition of blends, digraphs, diphthongs, letters that have more than one sound, and sight vocabulary development at each grade level.
• Dictionary and thesaurus skills are enhanced through vocabulary exercises that include word recognition skills, multiple meaning words, synonyms, antonyms, connotation and denotation, Latin and Greek root words, prefixes and suffixes, foreign terms and phrases, core vocabulary words, and special vocabularies common to standardized tests.
• The ALS program uses three key skills (phonemic awareness, phonics, and vocabulary development) identified by the National Reading Panel as it directs students from beginning reading levels to more advanced reading skills utilizing a Four-Step Approach in each title series.
7th GRADE BUILDING VOCABULARY:
This title includes identification and use of closed, open, and accented syllables, using a pronunciation key, synonyms, antonyms, words in context, words borrowed from names and places, foreign phrases, test taking strategies, identifying the /y/ sound in words, vowel clusters, separate sounds for the consonants “c,” “g,” and “s,” and the sound of /ph/. 48 lessons.
The Anywhere Learning System is a mastery-based learning system. Students must pass the lesson’s Mastery Test with a score of 70% or higher in order to move onto the next lesson.
- The student will have up to 3 chances to score 70% or higher
- ALS automatically grades the lessons and mastery tests and assigns a score in the grade book
- The parent will be responsible for manually grading any essays and assigning a grade for those essays
ALS contains a comprehensive curriculum that includes the following for each lesson:
- Study – New concepts are taught and reviews conducted
- Practice – Students practice what they learned
- Mastery – Tests the student on the objectives in the lesson
- Essay – Gives the student a chance to communicate what they learned (essays are not included in all lessons)
Platform: High Speed Internet connection is required (Cable or DSL is recommended....Satellite service is NOT fast enough to support this content).
Delivery: One year license includes a Student Account and a Parent/Teacher account. This course will be hosted by HomeLearningInstitute.com. Access to this course will be emailed to you at the email address listed on the order directly from Home Learning Institute. Please allow 2-3 business days to receive your login instructions. After your purchase, you will be able to contact Home Learning Institute with questions or support.
ShippingFREE GROUND SHIPPING ON ALL PURCHASES OF $49 OR MORE!
Most items ship within 1-3 business days. Shipping is available to all 50 states. Products are shipped either UPS Ground or USPS Media Mail. Each product states how an item is shipped. For orders less than $49, there is a flat shipping fee of only $4.95.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). A $4.95 fee will be deducted for orders that received free shipping. ELECTRONIC MEDIA (CDs, DVDs, CASSETTES, CD-ROMs, VIDEOS, E-BOOKS, COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND PRODUCTS WITH AN INTERNET COMPONENT) CANNOT BE RETURNED OR REFUNDED. A restocking fee of up to 20% may be deducted for items returned opened (not in original shrink-wrap). NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR RETURNS THAT ARE NOT PRE-APPROVED.
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
You should expect to receive your refund within 1-2 weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (2 to 3 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (3 to 10 business days).
EARN 5% BACK ON ALL PURCHASES WITH OUR CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAM!
HOW DO I JOIN THE CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAM?
Customers who have created accounts are automatically enrolled into our Customer Loyalty Program. If you have not created an account, you can join the Program by creating an account after your first purchase completion. Earn 1 point for each $1 spent in our store after you have enrolled into our Program. 50 points for each review you submit for items purchased. 10 rewards per person per calendar month apply. This is an easy way to earn up to $25 in Rewards each month! 100 points for every new customer that submits a order. $5 off their first order! Like Us On Facebook: easy 20 points! Share Us on Facebook: another easy 20 points! It's quick! It's easy! It's FREE!
HOW DO I EARN POINTS?
- Purchases:You will earn 1 point for each $1 spent in our store after you have enrolled into our Program.
- Product Reviews:Get 50 points for each review you submit for items purchased. 10 rewards per person per calendar month apply.
- Referrals:Refer customers & you'll receive 100 points for every new customer that submits a order. $5 off their first order!
- Like Us On Facebook:Receive an easy 20 points when you like our page on Facebook.
- Share Us on Facebook:Receive 20 points when you share our store on Facebook.